This tasting contained 5 brands from the 5 oldest active destilleries of their country
- Kilbeggan – Ireland – Blended Founded 1757, Since it was restarted in 2007 the worlds oldest active destillery
- Makmyra – Sweden – Singke Malt, special 07 Founded 1999, The first destillery from Sweden
- The Yamazaki – Japan – Single malt, 18 Year old Founded 1923, The first destillery from Japan
- Jack Daniels – USA – 1981 Gold medal Licensed xxxx, The first licensed destillery in USA
- Bowmore – Scotland – 17 Year old Founded 1779, The first destillery on Islay, depending on how you count also the olderst in scotland
Surprisingly out of the 3 tasters Jack Daniels got the most votes for best whisky, and The Yamazaki the least, on the nose and taste it Jack was considered smoth with a nice vanilla taste whilst the Yamazaki got feedback like strong, to much alcohol taste and smells like terpentin.
the Kilbeggan was considered to be very low on alcohol and weak.